St George’s College is a co-educational day school with a Christian ethos and is committed to academic excellence and moral integrity. St George’s offers a wide range of activities geared towards developing each of our pupils intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually. We work tirelessly to ensure that we provide an environment where each child is encouraged to do his or her best.
At St George’s we are dynamic and outward looking and believe that our pupils need to engage with the world in a manner that pushes them out of their comfort zones and teaches them to face the challenges of life. Throughout this we give our pupils the necessary support and guidance in a manner that promotes self-confidence and responsibility.
The College sits the Independent Examinations Board examinations in grade 12. This is a rigorous examination that seeks to apply knowledge instead of just testing pupils on what they know. Being a member of the Independent Schools Association, ISASA, provides the College with the many opportunities provided by this membership. ISASA is the largest independent schools’ organisation in Southern Africa, and within the organisation are the sharpest minds in South African education circles. ISASA also has very strong ties with international educational organisations. This membership places St George’s College as part of a family of successful and innovative schools.
We are committed to a proud tradition of family values and provide an exceptional, progressive Christian education in a stimulating, multi-cultural and disciplined environment.
To develop world class, co-educational, independent schooling that prepares young people for life. We aim to equip our pupils to be socially responsible and compassionate in an ever-changing world.
- Family and Fellowship
St George’s College offers:
- Co-ed, multi-cultural, Christian education.
- Continuity from Grade 8 to Grade 12 catering for all aspects of a pupil’s development.
- Commitment to a proud tradition of family values, which allows parents, pupils and staff to cultivate a true sense of co-operation, mutual respect and friendship.
- A progressive educational philosophy and academic tone
- A focus on academic excellence, with highly qualified staff who strive to take the pupils beyond the expected.
- A combination of traditional charm and innovative, modern approaches, which creates a stimulating learning environment.
- A welcoming approach to all foreign-language-speaking pupils.
- A well-equipped computer centre with Internet access, scanning and printing facilities.
- A Tuckshop
- A winter and summer sporting programme that caters for all levels of interest. Coaching provided is of a high standard and emphasis is placed on participation, sportsmanship and sporting etiquette.
- A variety of clubs and cultural activities.
- A school discipline code that teaches personal responsibility and accountability.
- A strong values system that helps pupils to recognise their role in society and gives them the opportunity to be involved in various community services.
- Strong family values and traditions.
Evening of Excellence – 11 October 2018
Validictory – 12 October 2018
We are celebrating Arbour week from 3-7 September by planting our Grade 8 Lemon Tree projects. At St George’s College we believe that planting a tree is planting hope for tomorrow.
We would like to wish Benedict and Joshua good luck as they will be representing the Eastern Province Fencing team in the KZN Open from 6-9 September. Joshua Nsua received a bronze medal at this event.
We celebrated secretaries day
on Wednesday, 5th of September. Thank you for all you do, Mrs Geldenhuys, you truly are the heart of our school.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 041 585 0079.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or visit us on our social media pages in the links below.
We look forward to hearing from you.